End of the Year Reflection

End of the Year Reflection
It has been a very busy 2015-2016 school year. I am happy to say that I had the time of my life in my classroom. I am so glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried lots of new things this year. 

Last school year midway (2014-2015), I tried the Mad Science activities and dressing the part too. I got this idea from Smorgie. I continued it this school year from the beginning to the end and it was a huge success. I will definitely continue this coming school year. :)

Another successful change was using Jumps/Deedee Writing Through the Years units. It really helped set a purpose to writing in a cognitive way.

I also focused only on positive behavior and ignored ALL negative behavior. This way of thinking made a tremendous difference in my classroom management, especially with this class. #happyclassrooms :)

I added more of my teacher made activities. I absolutely love creating center/activities for my students. It is soooooo addicting! This summer I will be creating LIKE CRAZY!! I have a little book of ideas I thought of during the school year but didn't have time to create it.

What I want to do better next year:
  • Flexible seating
  • Focus more on Vocabulary 
  • building better relationships with community partners 
  • Post monthly on my blog (my reflections help me to better plan for the following year)
  • Network more outside of my school
  • Attend more conferences
  • Write Grants
I haven't posted since January.  Here are some of my favorite times from Feb-June.   
























 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment