100th Day!

Ok! I promised myself that I would post at least each month to keep up-to-date with all of the fabulous fun learning ideas find and use. It seems my dissertation has taken over my life again...

First, I have to say I love and use most of Smorgasboard.

First my busy bees counted to 100 and we had a contest to see who could write 1-100. It was fun. They all did a great job.

First, we worked on our hats. The hats took a long time to complete, but we did. My busy bees counted to 100 and we had a contest to see who could write 1-100. It was fun. They all did a great job.



 I learned about this activity from Smorgasboard. First you buy small colored circle sticks and put them on the bottom of the Hersey Kiss.  Next, write the numbers 1-100 on the bottom. Now for the fun part... you hide 100 heresy kisses around the room. Then, the students find the kiss and color the number chart the color of the sticker on the number box. I was missing some of the kisses. We could not find all of them. Oops!

We also had a contest to see who can write 100 words around the room. They had clip boards and walked around writing words. 


This is the first time that I did this. I normally just have my students count out 100 cheerios on a chart paper. It was costly, but I had asked my parents to donate some items. I bought the 100th Day fiesta from Smorgasboard and that product came with the worksheet with the 100 circles below. My students had a blast counting out all the food. 


We had a blast! I was exhausted! Perfect Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment