Finally posted "About Me" message.


I was inspired to start a blog from my dear friend at work. She introduced me to one of the most amazing bloggers... Greg Smedley. After reading his posts, I learned so much about new and interesting ways to implement centers. I love his centers! His stories always make me laugh as well.


I have been teaching for 12 years. It really doesn't feel that long. I first started out in 3rd grade for 4 years. Then, when I switch schools, to be closer to home, I taught 5th grade for 6 years. One of those years, I got a taste of kindergarten for a 1/2 year. I won't lie... I cried like a baby when they told me that they were closing my class because of the number of students. I freaked out about teaching kindergarten. After all the fear and anxiety, I ended up LOVING it. The following year, I was put back in 5th grade. For the next two years, I requested kindergarten. Finally last year (2012-2013), they assigned me to kindergarten. YAY!!

I have a B.S. in Education and a M.S. in Reading Education. I am currently working on my Doctorate in Instructional Technology and Distance Learning & Reading Education and a minor in Community College Leadership. I finished my course work. I am working on my dissertation. Since I teach online education course for two Universities, I was able to use the course as the subject of my dissertation. 

With all that I do, my husband has been amazing. He is so supportive and helpful when I have deadlines. We have two beautiful children (5 & 2). They are a hand full, but make our life complete. I feel so blessed to have my family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment